Monday 18 July 2016

MPM: 18th July 2016

I have a two day tutorial in Manchester this week. Work won't spring for me to stay over because it is not far enough away to justify the spends (I'm not high enough up the ladder to be one of those Fat Cat civil servants that the press like to pillory) so I've booked myself into a little room above a pub. I've stayed there before and it's wonderfully nostalgic - like being a student again with the bare walls and narrow bed and shared bathroom. So Monday night's tea will probably be an M&S sarnie for me and freezer diving for D. And on Thursday night I'm off out for supper with one of the friends I made while being a student and we can laugh about the fact that we no longer have to put up with bare walls, narrow beds and shared bathrooms...oh, wait...

Elsewhere:

Tuesday: Cod with chilli and pea purée by the inimitable Nigel Slater.

Wednesday: fresh soup

Friday: Coconut poached chicken with stir fried veg (bumped from last week)

Saturday: "Wings n Things" - D is being mysterious, but it sounds like we'll be getting a slice of Americana here in Leeds

Sunday: Osso bucco with saffron risotto - another bump from last week. Veal shin has now been sourced and will be arriving on Friday.

Whatever you're up to, have a great week's cooking (and eating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment