Monday 12 February 2018

MPM: 12th February 2018

Shrove Tuesday, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day falling in the same week? SO many reasons to indulge in fabulous food. Unfortunately, because we are going out for dinner on Thursday (about which I am SO excited!) we will be fasting on V-Day itself. Which is a shame because I had a very romantic idea about something I could cook for D, but it will keep. If I'd properly thought about things, I would have tried to plan in a Chinese dish, especially given how much I enjoyed the couple of recipes that we made by Fuschia Dunlop recently, but never mind. Instead, the plan is as follows:

Monday: fast day - soup

Tuesday: pancakes (crepes rather than American style) with bacon, chilli and maple syrup. This is an April Bloomfield recipe and really rather wonderful.

Wednesday: fast day - soup

Thursday: out for dinner, review to follow!

Friday: a freezer dive - turkey curry, rice, cucumber raita, flatbreads

Saturday: D might be out, in which case, prick and ping for me. If not, I intend to rustle up a quick spaghetti carbonara using a hard ewes milk cheese called Lord of the Hundreds, which we picked up at the weekend

Sunday: a homemade fish finger sandwich, combining goujons, green chilli and coriander chutney, cucumber in herby yoghurt and homemade (probably) ciabatta rolls. Lush!

No comments:

Post a Comment